Addiction Counselling, Support, Experienced Rehab and Detox Advice
Break the Cycle of Addiction and Live Addiction Free
My speciality is either working with addicts one to one with their specific goals in mind or scheduling a limited number of sessions to assess the level of addiction being dealt with and referral to the most appropriate service or treatment center in Victoria or in another state, taking into consideration gender, drug of choice, sexual orientation, mental health concerns, secondary addictions, time limitations and financial restraints.
Stu has returned from Thailand and is working in Victoria now and can see people at the Malvern Public Hospital or in Hawthorn as well as online/Skype meetings and in Ballarat.
Call Stu Fenton now on
or email to schedule a Skype call
for your first
free 10-minute consultation
- Do you have a loved one who is struggling with addiction and you haven't got a clue where to start to get them help?
- Have you tried finding help or the right treatment center yourself and lost time and money while your loved one is still trapped in addiction?
- Are you about to hand over thousands of dollars for something that you have seen on the internet but are not sure if it is legitimate or will work?
- Are the possibilities overwhelming?
- Do you simply want to work one to one with someone who knows addiction inside out and because you don’t like groups or can’t take time off work to go into treatment?
- Are you confused about what’s on offer in Australia and how its paid for?
- Are you afraid you can’t afford rehab?
- (Some rehabs in Australia offer first class resources and counsellors and are basically free. Did you know that?
- Are you afraid you’ll choose a rehab just to find other residents or clients are still dealing drugs and using drugs in there?
- Do you want a treatment facility that deals not only with addictions but also mental health concerns or secondary addictions?
- Does the terminology like “12 Step,” “CBT,” and ”Recovery” overwhelm or confuse you?
- Do you know the difference between short term, mid term and long term treatment options?
- Do you want to know that you are working with someone that knows addiction in great depth and who only has you or your loved ones best interests at heart?
- Look no further. My speciality is either working with addicts one to one with their specific goals in mind or scheduling a limited number of sessions to assess the level of addiction being dealt with and referral to the most appropriate service or treatment center in Victoria or in another state, taking into consideration gender, drug of choice, sexual orientation, mental health concerns, secondary addictions, time limitations and financial restraints.
I have over 12 years experience working with addicts and alcoholics in a variety of settings primarily in private practice , Residential Therapeutic Communities and Rehabs in Northern New South Wales, Sydney and Melbourne.
Some facilities that I have worked at or know in detail include The Buttery, WHO’S SYDNEY, South Pacific Private, Ballarat Community Health and Malvern Private Hospital in Melbourne. Being a recovering addict myself I have been through the process as an addict and as a senior counsellor and facilitator in these centers for the last 8 years. My specific strengths are in my depth of knowledge and my experience in regard to knowing the best treatment centre anywhere in Australia for any particular person’s personality, drug of choice or behavioural addiction. I have a Masters in Gestalt Psychotherpy which is a modality of psychotherapy that compliments addiction recovery extremely well and I am trained in Anger Management, Non-Violent Communication, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (A.C.T.), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (C.B.T.), Harm Reduction for drug and alcohol addiction, Family Violence, Co-dependency, Group work, Love-addiction, Love-avoidance, the 12 Step Paradigm, Grief and Loss and Suicidality as well as various mental Health issues specifically depression and anxiety when associated with chemical dependency.